Bluetooth Flic Button for Push-To-Talk
Flic is a bluetooth button that allows app developers to use it for an app related action. In VoicePing, we use it as a PTT button for Android phones. The benefits of using Flic compared to other bluetooth buttons is that Flic buttons can be used even if the phone is locked. This makes the use of Push-To-Talk very convenient.
Bluetooth PTT is best paired with a Bluetooth Headset. When using Flic button as a Push-To-Talk button, you get true PTT behavior which is "Press to talk and Release to stop".
How to Pair
- Install the Flic App (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.flic.app)
- Pair the your Flic button with your Flic App. Ensure that your Flic button shows up in your Flic App
- We also recommending disabling the default Flic sounds (Button Notifications) as VoicePing already provides the Start PTT and Stop PTT sounds.
- In VoicePing, open Settings -> Hard Button -> Grab Flic.
- Choose the Flic that you want
- You should now be able to use the Flic Button as VoicePing Push To Talk
On Flic.io, Use discount code "VOICEPING" for a 15% discount on all Flic buttons.
Seecode SHP 612
Update: VoicePing 2.8.2 has supported Seecode SHP 612 as bluetooth PTT button as well. Compared to Flic, Seecode button does not require a separate app installation and uses less battery.
- Ensure Bluetooth on your device is turned ON
- Ensure that you did not pair the Seecode in your phone's bluetooth settings. SHP 612 is a BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) button that does not use Bluetooth Pairing.
- Long Press the power button of SHP 612 for it to enter Fast Blinking Mode. Make sure the green light is flashing about 5 times per second
- Open VoicePing's Settings
- Scroll to Hard Button
- Tap on [Pair to Seecode Devices]
- If successful, your Seecode ID will appear.
You will able to PTT via Seecode's button even when VP is in background or the screen is switched off.